Manage episode 298574067 series 2961690
Question: How do you go to work or school? Tell us about your daily commute. My morning commute starts with a subway ride to work. Once I get off the subway, so I have to walk for about 10 or 15 minutes to get to my workplace. But actually, I really enjoy walking. It's healthier and it gives me some time to, sort of, relax and have space before I arrive at work. During rush hour the traffic gets really busy. Or if I am not in a hurry, I'll try to take a bus, because I can enjoy the city view.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. start with + noun. Great customer service starts with you.
2. walk for about … minutes to get to + place. You walk for about 15 minutes to get to City Hall.
3. If I am not in a hurry, I'll + verb … If I am not in a hurry, I'll stay for dinner .
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. commute [kəˋmjut] (n.)(v.) 通勤
2. ride [raɪd] (n.) 乘車
3. get off (phr.) 下車；離開
4. sort of (phr.) 有幾分；有點
5. relax [rɪˋlæks] (v.) （使）放鬆，（使）輕鬆；（使身體部位）放鬆
6. space [spes] (n.) [U] 空間
7. rush hour (n.) （上下班時）交通尖峰時間
8. traffic [ˋtræfɪk] (n.) [U] 交通；交通行列
9. in a hurry (phr.) 迅速地；匆忙地
10. view [vju] (n.) 風景；景象
Powered by Firstory Hosting