Manage episode 298574071 series 2961690
Question: What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. Because ... well when I was younger, it was always because of presents. You get so many presents from your family and friends. It also has a spiritual meaning because it’s the birthday of Jesus Christ. It’s always fun celebrating Christmas. People seem to be happier with holiday cheer. Everyone decorates Christmas trees, and Christmas music is everywhere. So you’re definitely in the spirit of this magical time. It’s a time when family and friends get together.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. My favorite + noun. + is definitely …
My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas.
2. You get … from …
You get so many presents from your family and friends.
3. It’s always fun + V-ing …
It's always fun returning to New York.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. definitely [ˋdɛfənɪtlɪ] (adv.) 明確地；明顯地
2. present [ˋprɛznt] (n.) 禮物
3. spiritual [ˋspɪrɪtʃʊəl] (adj.) 精神（上）的，心靈的，宗教的
4. spirit [ˋspɪrɪt] (n.) 精神，心靈[U]
5. meaning [ˋminɪŋ] (n.) 意義
6. celebrate [ˋsɛlə͵bret] (v.) 慶祝，過節
7. cheer [tʃɪr] (n.) 歡呼，喝采
8. decorate [ˋdɛkə͵ret] (v.) 裝飾，布置
9. magical [ˋmædʒɪk!] (adj.) 魔術的，魔法的
Powered by Firstory Hosting