Manage episode 330885876 series 2821982
2022 AI Index Report by Stanford Institute for Human-Centered AI
The AI Index is an independent initiative. The annual report tracks, collates, distills, and visualizes data relating to artificial intelligence, enabling decision-makers to take meaningful action to advance AI responsibly and ethically with humans in mind.
The latest edition includes data from a broad set of academic, private, and nonprofit organizations as well as more self-collected data and original analysis than any previous editions, including an expanded technical performance chapter, a new survey of robotics researchers around the world, data on global AI legislation records in 25 countries, and a new chapter with an in-depth analysis of technical AI ethics metrics.
Our guest today, Nestor Maslej is a Research Associate at the Institute and worked directly on the report.
We discuss many of the marvelous examples of how AI is used around the globe as well as trends, breakthroughs and difficulties AI development has experienced in the last year.
“If we are to get the most out of AI, to build AI systems that are capable of really enriching humanity’s potential, then we’re going to have to figure out a way to build them so they align with fundamental human values”
- What is "human-centered AI"?
- Unexpected consequences of AI development
- How is the AI Index Report created?
- Problems of AI - like image recognition
- Trends in AI in the past 5 years - what has changed structurally?
- What to say at a dinner party if AI comes up - your spiel
- exploring 3 big AI trends:
1. AI is getting faster and cheaper
2. Data is becoming increasingly necessary for building the best IA systems
3. legislative interest in AI is skyrocketing
- Top countries passing AI legislature
- The big question: When can we develop AI systems that are capable of thinking like a human can think?
Global Arena Research Institute is an independent, non-partisan research organisation that combines the most advanced methods of AI-driven data, scientific and other artificial reasoning capabilities, elevating data science into completely new levels of opportunity. Our goal is to provide unprecedented insights into the nature, impact, and management of globalization in order to improve institutional and governmental as well as business, energy and other sectors’ decision making. Our mission is to make the most of organically connecting AI-level reasoning capacities with the human-level critical reasoning capacities for the sake of a better future.
With your hosts Odessa Primus and Michal Koran