Manage episode 294935432 series 1037000
So, you’re thinking about promoting someone in your business. How do you know if it’s really time – if they’re really ready? CEOs need some kind of litmus test to use when they're considering promoting someone. Here’s the test!
What you'll learn from this episode:
- You should have a clear job description for this person’s current role - clear goals, and some sort of measurement process that you're following to tell you if this person is performing well in their current job.
- Define the new role – a clear job description, the key objectives, and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Interview that person against the new job description.
- Have them do a project as a test.
- The final hurdle - they must have a track record of consistent success.
- Pay them based on the role they're going into, not based on what they're making now.
- Who you promote speaks volumes about who you are and what you value.
I'd really appreciate it if you would click the like button above and leave a review if your favorite podcast app has that ability. Thank you!
Find out more about the How to CEO Program here. https://krisplachycoaching.mykajabi.com/about-how-to-ceo
© 2021 Kris Plachy