How to Get Started as a Translator or Interpreter (Interview with Jamila Ball, Jamii Linguists) ⏵ 108
Manage episode 283205562 series 2464162
Jamila Ball is a Spanish linguist specializing in Black-centric language coaching that promotes intercultural connections in the African diaspora.
In our conversation, Jamila shares:
- Why your identity and cultural competency can be assets that make you more marketable
- How to get started as a linguist, interpreter, or translator -- even if it's a profession you never thought you'd qualify for
- The biggest mistake untrained interpreters make
- Whether you can make more money as salaried or freelance interpreter
- The most important skill for new interpreters to learn before getting started
Let us know how we're doing por favor! Leave us a rating & review in iTunes or Stitcher, and we'll give you a shout out on a future episode.
>>> Join our list <<<
To be notified by email when new episodes are released, plus get access to exclusive listener discounts + giveaways, subscribe to our email list.
Connect with us...
Support the show (https://www.learnspanishconsalsa.com/support)