Manage episode 302412871 series 2963595
Megan and Wendy roll right into Fall Harvest with this week’s brand new Hallmark Channel movie review of Roadhouse Romance. Callie (real-life singer, songwriter Lauren Alaina) returns home to Tennessee after deployment and meets Luke (Tyler Hynes) by accident, literally. Will their new friendship blossom into more, will Callie ever find Grandpa Tucker’s secret BBQ recipe and will the restaurant survive a low fall festival turn out? Lots of storylines with this one, friends.
Email the show! What did you think Roadhouse Romance? Did you love Hallmark Channel movie newcomer Lauren Alaina? Do you also want to run your fingers through Tyler Hynes’ hair? Send your thoughts to email@example.com.
News and Notes for Roadhouse Romance
- This movie takes place in Tennessee but was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Filming wrapped in May 2021 and premiered on the Hallmark Channel on September 11, 2021 as part of the Fall Harvest line up of movies.
- Lauren Alaina was a runner-up on season 10 of American Idol and also competed on season 28 of Dancing with the Stars.
- She sang two of her own songs in this movie as Callie; “Run” and “What Do You Think Of?” She also sang “When You Say Nothing At All” made famous by Alison Krauss.
Willa Looks Familiar – But From What?
- Sarah Edmondson played Callie’s Aunt Willa. She might look familiar to documentary fans who saw her as one of the major players to expose the cult featured on HBO’s docuseries The Vow.
2021 Fall Harvest Line Up on Hallmark
We think Roadhouse Romance was a strong start to the 2021 Fall Harvest line up on the Hallmark Channel! What’s next?
- Raise a Glass to Love – with Laura Osnes (One Royal Holiday) and Juan Pablo Di Pace (from Fuller House)
- Taking the Reins – starring Nikki DeLoach (Days of Our Lives)and Scott Porter (from Friday Night Lights and Ginny & Georgia and Hart of Dixie)
- Love Strikes Twice – featuring Katie Findlay (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) and Wyatt Nash (from Riverdale and GLOW)
- South Beach Love – with Taylor Cole (One Perfect Wedding) and William Levy.
- Listen to our review of One Perfect Wedding.
- Advice to Love By – starring Erinn Westbrook (Riverdale) and Brooks Darnell (A Winter Getaway).
- Listen to our review of A Winter Getaway.
Reviews of Tyler Hynes Movies
We have reviewed a couple of Tyler Hynes movies from the past year and he is a favorite for sure. Catch up on our reviews:
Megan and Wendy Merch!
Fans of the podcast can now get their own APPROVED! merch! Shop hoodies, crewnecks, mugs, stickers and notebooks here.
Join our private Facebook group Long Story Shorties.
Sign up for Patreon today for $5 and get access to our archives plus brand new bonus podcast episodes, video and the brand new Friday Five.