Manage episode 263040709 series 2342556
- The model of buy, refurbishment and rent was the strategy that really worked for me. It’s all about the leverage you can get.
- I have a successful strategy but am always interested to learn about something different
- I like to find someone who is doing something successfully then model on that.
- Property is opportunity led we may now see more commercial coming to market.
- Big changes will also bring big opportunities.
- There are lots of layers in the COVID situation and there can only be a broad overview of how to move forward because no one has all the facts.
- Coming out of this will be in part guided by the media and how long they continue with a negative message.
- There is money available for borrowing
- It’s all about confidence
- We have carried on working on our construction projects throughout this pandemic but have had plenty of challenges around supplies.
- Lots of self-employed people continued to work because they had to otherwise they had no income at all.
- There is nothing legally to stop you from opening your office. It’s about finding your way around the issues.
‘With construction, the challenges came with getting materials as suppliers closed’
‘There are lots of variables and we don’t know what they are at the moment’
‘Have a successful strategy but always be interested to learn’
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark Homer is an entrepreneur investor. He has worked with investment since he was 15 years old using the laws of wealth! He is a spreadsheet analyst with an impressive following from major publications including BBC Radio, The Wall Street Journal, The Independent, and co-authoring the UK’s best-selling property books. Mark has always looked for the best investment vehicle, and at the end of 2007 with Rob Moore the co-founder of Progressive Property his joint portfolio produced more profit than any of the other investments he’d tried in the last ten years, combined.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.