Manage episode 284052424 series 2342556
Mark is joined by fellow co-founder of Progressive Property, Disruptive Entrepreneur and Friend Rob Moore, together they discuss how to perfectly invest £1 million. Whether you’re looking to invest in property, hotels, classic cars or stocks and shares Mark and Rob have got you covered, join them today to find out more.
- Due to the current pandemic there are many hotels sitting empty waiting for investment. If there aren't deals there now, there will be very shortly. There will be many opportunities within the hotel industry to either re-open to guests in the summer months or to convert the hotel into something else.
- Things to consider if looking to invest into a hotel are: Where is it? What is it? And What is the occupancy? Occupancy in both HMO’s and Hotels is everything. If it is running at 70% full, that is all your profit gone and it is then running at a loss.
- When investing in watches, cars or art try to ensure that you invest in products that are limited edition or where there was only a small amount produced. Rolex, Patek Phillipe and Richard Mille are the three watch models that are strong in the market currently.
- New petrol and diesel vehicles will not be available from 2030 according to the government. Theoretically speaking existing petrol and diesel cars will go up in value as they become rarer to buy. There will likely be less service stations to purchase petrol and diesel however it is unlikely that they will be impossible to run.
- As long as you buy right, investment into classic cars is a good place to park your money and enjoy it at the same time. Whilst it may go up in value, it probably won’t make much profit. What you should be aiming for is to have something that doesn’t go down in value.
- You could invest a small amount of your £1 million into a higher risk strategy such as crypto currency or EIS schemes. They are very high risk and can drop to be worth nothing however there are big tax benefits to doing this.
- Become really interested and passionate about what you are potentially investing in. Become knowledgeable about a particular class and stick with that when investing. If you are aiming to make serious amounts of money through this platform, then you will likely need to become a professional in this niche.
- We do not know what will cause the next recession nor do we know what the effects of it will be. The best way to conserve your wealth is to have multiple investments in a range of industries. Diversity your investments and ensure you have multiple income streams across varied business types and property types.
- If you want to make a large amount of money fast, the best way to do that would be to invest into a business and become really good at it. Secondly, put your money into property that is well leveraged as that will always do better than investing in cars, watches etc.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE A NEW INVESTMENT SERIES
Watch Live On The Progressive Property YouTube Channel Every Monday At 7 PM Tiny.cc/PPTV
Listen To Audio Recordings On The Money Podcast bit.ly/moneypodcastitunes
“The world is in a completely different place. We don’t know when this ends.”
“When the next recession comes along we do not know what is going to cause it. This one was caused by a virus and the previous one was caused by a banking crisis.”
“Buy what the heck you know about.”
“Over time try and diversify into a few use classes in property.”
“All of those could be good, all of those could be rubbish.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark has bought, sold or has managed around 1,000 property units for himself, Rob, his family and his investors since 2003. He is a system and spreadsheet geek and has developed a complex, confidential deal analyser system of buying residential, commercial and multi-let properties.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.