Manage episode 278602481 series 2342556
Welcome back to episode four of the How To Invest For Maximum Returns’ mini-series. In this episode, Mark and Rob unwrap the perfect investment vehicles for an initial £50,000 investment and share with you the risks, rewards, capital gains and opportunity investments in property, stocks and shares and new start-up business models. Listen in and discover exactly how to get more than 20% return on your investments, how to leverage your initial stake for higher returns, why it’s important to diversify your portfolio and why starting and scaling a business can still be one of the best investments you can make today.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
How to Perfectly Invest £50,000 | The Best Stocks | Property | Gold & Classic Cars
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERIES
Watch Live On The Progressive Property YouTube Channel Every Monday At7PM Tiny.cc/PPTV
Listen To Audio Recordings On The Money Podcast bit.ly/moneypodcastitunes
- Property: For £50,000 you can purchase a freehold house and get a net return including 75% leverage from your 25% residential buy-to-let mortgage on you 15% or more on each property purchase. This is by far the investment strategy with the highest possible maximum return.
- Purchase a 130k+ house that could be worth 170k+. Add value with a refurbishment of no more than 10k and roll your initial 25% investment back out and keep going. If you’re able to fully retrieve your deposit by refinancing you will have gained an ROI of 100% and now have a proven appreciating asset and your initial investment back.
- With an initial investment of £50,000, you have the ability to diversify your investment strategy. As long as your investing in areas of the country where the population is growing you can secure multiple positive investments for £50-60k, flip the property and also use different property strategies such as But-To-Let, Commercial Conversion or HMO’s dependant on your area. Additionally, you can also keep some of your investment aside to use for tracker funds and other commodities.
- Stocks & Shares. When investing in stocks and shares its a good idea to diversify your portfolio into 15 or more different equities. Smart diversified tracker fund investments with Hargreaves Lansdown or Vanguard with good growth potential are ishare emerging markets equity index class H (accumulation), Vanguard FTSE 100 index (accumulation) and Legal and General index (accumulation). These funds cover blue-chip companies and are a low-risk investment.
- Business: A £50,000 investment can enable you to start a number of profitable business models but the ‘sweat-equity’ model whereby you work hard to cut costs and save money, in the beginning, will give you a greater chance of success in the future. Focus on a minimum cost model with the majority of your initial investment spent on marketing to grow your business and sales to generate cashflow. eCommerce (Amazon/Shopify), content and informational based business models are growing marketplaces right now.
“Since investing in property we haven’t sold our properties, we’ve simply kept on rolling our investments on with our existing portfolio seeing a 10% capital gains.”
“The sterling value is decreasing as the currency inflates and mortgage rates go down”
“You won’t get a better ROI on your investment than property”
“Why would you not borrow money at 1.5% and invest it to make 15% or more.
“Buying your own home is a blessing”
“You could turn a property into an HMO, increase your rental income along with the capital gains and see returns of 20%+. There is no better investment strategy for maximum return than property.”
“With a residential property, you can get 75% leverage on your initial investment”
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark has bought, sold or has managed around 1,000 property units for himself, Rob, his family and his investors since 2003. He is a system and spreadsheet geek and has developed a complex, confidential deal analyser system of buying residential, commercial and multi-let properties.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor, and property educator. Author of the global bestseller "Life Leverage" Host of UK's No.1 business podcast "The Disruptive Entrepreneur."
"If you don't risk anything, you risk everything."
Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.