Manage episode 298027453 series 2342556
In this episode of Mark My Words, the roles are reversed as Mark is interviewed by Ellie McKay from the On a Mission Podcast. They talk about Mark’s own journey into property and business, Covid and Mark’s mission in life.
- Mark grew up in a nice environment, including private schooling and travelled a lot. In Mark’s own words, his Dad was “tight beyond belief” and some of this rubbed off on him and helped shape his view of money.
- Mark’s first entrepreneurial venture was when he was just 15, importing cars from the EU and taking advantage of the weak euro at the time. However despite this he still went to university and went onto a graduate scheme afterwards.
- Mark bumped into Rob Moore at an event, they started talking at the bar and the rest is history! They now own one of the largest property training businesses including a large portfolio of properties and investments.
- Mark is the co-owner of the leading property training company in the UK. He started learning about what he does himself from a mentor, he then took some courses to learn more but most of his knowledge and expertise has come from him actually doing the work. There has been a lot of mistakes and a lot of trial and error but that is why he is so successful today.
- Covid has had so many different implications for businesses. For Mark’s business, it meant that they literally couldn’t operate their events, what they did was suddenly illegal. However, this did mean they had to pivot, and fast and have been running multiple successful live courses online!
"It’s important to control the cost but time is your most valuable commodity”
“What is freedom day?”
“It’s a solution based mindset, don’t wish it was easier wish you were better as you can’t control this stuff”
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark has bought, sold or has managed around 1,000 property units for himself, Rob, his family and his investors since 2003. He is a system and spreadsheet geek and has developed a complex, confidential deal analyser system of buying residential, commercial and multi-let properties.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.