Manage episode 307396757 series 2342556
Welcome to another episode of the Mark My Words Podcast. In today’s episode, your host Mark Homer interviews Michael Edwards, yes the one and only Eddie the Eagle. Here, Eddie talks about all of his experience being a professional ski jumper, what he has learned in life and about property investment.
Firstly, they discuss Eddie’s success in the ski jumping world and how he was able to overcome all the obstacles put in front of him, despite all the sneers from the negative people around him. Mark and Eddie discuss he journey to the Olympics and, the experiences Eddie has had since entering the world of property investment.
- Eddie is knowledgeable when it comes to property investment. If he had money, he would buy a property. He does not like to rush. He would develop the property in 3 to 4 years and then sell it and then repeat the whole process. He made a lot of money because of his style of investment.
- Eddie mentions that he would have preferred to manage his own money in the past. He would have more control over it, and it would not have dwindled away. He wouldn’t have to file for bankruptcy. His money wasn’t being taken care of well by the Trustees. He thought he could trust them but apparently not.
- Eddie wants to advice everyone to never give up. To never lose sight of where you want to go and what you want to do. Sometimes that might mean taking a step to left or to the right or taking a few steps back in order to progress forwards.
”One thing that drove me is that passion for doing something that I absolutely love doing.”
“I don’t believe in the word ‘can’t’. I always think there is a way and you’ve just got to work out what that way is.”
“Life’s too short to not to do what you enjoy doing.”
“You’ve just got to think outside of the box and get around that obstacle. But never lose sight of where it is that you want to be. Never give up.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark Homer is an entrepreneur investor. He has worked with investment since he was 15 years old using the laws of wealth! He is a spreadsheet analyst with an impressive following from major publications including BBC Radio, The Wall Street Journal, The Independent, as well as co-authoring the UK’s best selling property books. Mark has always looked for the best investment vehicle, and at the end of 2007 with Rob Moore the co-founder of Progressive Property his joint portfolio produced more profit than any of his other investments he’d tried in the last ten years, combined.
CONTACT THE HOST
- Email: Markhomer@progressiveproperty.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markhomer1
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/markprogressive
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/markprogressive
ABOUT THE GUEST
Michael Edwards is an English skier who in 1988 became the first competitor since 1928 to represent Great Britain in Olympic ski jumping, finishing last in the 70 m and 90 m events. He became the British ski jumping record holder, ninth in amateur speed skiing (106.8 km/h (66.4 mph)), and a stunt jumping world record holder for jumping over 6 buses.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.