Manage episode 295697058 series 2539397
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 9:24 - What ESG investing is and why these new portfolios are needed
- 17:09 - What data shows for socially conscious companies’ returns versus the broader market
- 25:52 - How sector-concentrated ESG funds impact investors and what solutions there are to avoid these seeming limitations and still invest with your values in mind
- 28:26 - The future of socially conscious investing in the next five to ten years
- 34:11 - How to use technology as leverage for your career
- 37:37 - If individual investors hold too much power and if it is a good thing for society as a whole
- 43:17 - Where to start in socially conscious investing and how to get involved in the right way
- And much, much more!
- Get more FREE content from Robert
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible
- Personal Capital’s Sign-Up for Free Tools
- Bloomberg Green
- Stock performance studies:
- Deutsche Bank’s ESG and Financial Performance: Aggregated Evidence From More Than 2000 Empirical Studies
- Page 18: “Thus, our results underpin previous findings: at the worst case, investors in ESG mutual funds can expect to lose nothing compared to conventional fund investments (Hamilton, Jo, and Statman 1993; Humphrey and Tan 2014; Revelli and Viviani 2015).”
- Harvard Library’s Corporate Sustainability: First Evidence on Materiality
- John C. Bogle’s The Little Book of Common Sense Investing
- Mohnish Pabrai’s book The Dhandho Investor
- All of Robert’s favorite books
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
- Save with a credit union that helps you build financial confidence with Navy Federal Credit Union
- Create the perfect workflow for your team with Monday.com Work OS. To start your free 14-day trial go to Monday.com
- Get access to thousands of titles across different formats and genres: from audiobooks, to popular and exclusive podcasts, to unique Audible Originals like the Words+Music series with AudiblePlus. Visit audible.com/mi or text mi to 500-500
- Make documents, ask a lawyer your legal questions, and sign contracts on the go with Rocket Lawyer. Head to rocketlawyer.com/workconfidently to start your free trial today
Advisory services are offered for a fee by Personal Capital Advisors Corporation (“PCAC”), a registered investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Investing involves risk. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. You may lose money. PCAC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Personal Capital Corporation (“PCC”), an Empower company. PCC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Empower Holdings, LLC. © 2021 Personal Capital Corporation.
Personal Capital SRI portfolios are powered by Sustainalytics.
Read this episode’s transcript and full show notes on our website.