EP276: “My Family of 6 Lives in an 830 Sq Ft House BY CHOICE—And We Have No Regrets” with Andee Martineu
Manage episode 362822868 series 2106742
In the midst of the pandemic, while everyone in tiny apartments was looking to trade up to a larger home, Andee Martineau did the opposite. She and her husband sold their 7,000 square foot home in Arizona and moved their family of six (plus two kids in college) into a cabin by a lake in Utah. Andee went from having a two-story home with two kitchens and two laundry rooms to a two-story cabin with only two bedrooms and one bathroom. Yes: one bathroom.
They weren’t broke, rather worn down. The fairy tale is the big house, but the reality was that Andee spent all of her time cleaning the 15+-room home, keeping up with 1.5 acres of land, managing the pool and raking the lawn. She desired for more time with family, but with all that space sometimes they were so spread out in the house - she'd had no idea who was doing what...
In this episode, Andee will be sharing her story of how she made this decision, what inspired her to choose this path, and how it has impacted her family's life. She will talk about the benefits and challenges of living with less, including spending more quality time with her family and lightening the mental load that comes with having too much stuff.
Links Discussed in This Episode
- Order a Copy of Minimalist Moms: Living and Parenting with Simplicity
- Beneficial Resource: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Beneficial Resource: Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Beneficial Resource: The Chocolate-Covered-Cookie Tantrum by Deborah Blumenthal
- Connect with Andee:
Enjoy this Podcast?
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into this podcast, then do not hesitate to write a review. You can also share this with your fellow mothers so that they can be inspired to think more and do with less.
Checkout the Minimalist Moms Podcast storefront for recommendations from Diane.
If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Minimalist Moms Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Episode Sponsors |
The Minimalist Moms Podcast would not be possible without the support of weekly sponsors. Choosing brands that I believe in is important to me. I only want to recommend brands that I believe may help you in your daily life. As always, never feel pressured into buying anything. Remember: if you don't need it, it's not a good deal!
- North American Herb and Spice | Use code: MinimalistMoms for 25% off and Try North American Herb and Spice today. Experience the power of nature's most potent healers!
- Armoire | Right now my listeners can give Armoire a try and get up to 50% off their first month, that’s up to $125 OFF! Just visit armoire.style/MINIMALIST
- Earth Breeze | Right now, my listeners can subscribe to Earth Breeze and save 40%! Go to EARTH BREEZE.com/minimalist to get started.
- Liquid IV | Grab 20% off at LiquidIv.com and use code: MINIMALIST at checkout!
* Check out Armoire and use my code MINIMALIST for a great deal: http://www.armoire.style
* Check out Quince: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjVtJG56NKAAxU-N0QIHQf1Bq8QFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quince.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw15ySPxxJ1v1l0I4qSPAJS5&opi=89978449
* Check out Thrive Market: https://thrivemarket.com/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/minimalist-moms-podcast2093/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy