Manage episode 328389970 series 2112440
Trouble Ahead For UK Landlords As Section 21 ‘No Fault Evictions Will Be Abolished
In this episode:
· Renters Reform Bill announced in Parliament.
· Planning reform
· Property prices
· Demand has jumped for properties where all the bills are included in the rent, according to Rightmove.
· The property website said inquiries for build-to-rent homes with bills included had risen by 36% over the past year.
· It comes as two students had to pay £27,000 up front to secure a Cardiff flat, due to rental market demand.
· The Welsh government plans to consult on rent control for private rentals.
· Rents are rising at the fastest rate for more than 13 years, according to property experts Zoopla. They said this is because of limited supply, caused by an "exodus" of private landlords.
· Last month, Wales had the biggest annual jump in rental prices outside of London - up 13.9% to £882 per month according to Rightmove.
UK Property Talk Show 10AM Saturday.
Click link to join: - https://bit.ly/3sjxRa1
UK Economy dips last month following US quarterly fall in output.
The vast majority of 'buy-to-let' landlords are small investors with one or two properties, and many are accidental landlords. Landlords I have spoken to said they would pull out of the market if 'open tenancies' were forced upon them and would be too nervous to rent out a property to a tenant were they would not be sure about getting back possession at the end of the tenancy.
Join me on UK Property Talk to discuss this and other property matters this Saturday at 10 am.
You will be sent a link to join this exclusive live event.