Manage episode 292405388 series 129382
Amandine Le Pape describes how Open Source was pivotal in building Matrix, how the business model and GTM evolved and how they manage their rapid scaling.
- Open Source and the power of community can solve big problems
- Business models for Open Source are evolving quickly
- Rapid Scale needs senior people early in the journey
- The missing layer of the web is real-time communications
- Big visions need to talk to tech and business communities
Starting initially within the Amdocs business, founder Amandine Le Pape (with her Co-founder Matthew Hodgson) formed the vision for the missing layer of the web and created Matrix. As a decentralised and highly secure open standard, Matrix is now over 30 million users strong and is powering communications at many large public bodies and private companies. Element fuels the growth of the ecosystem by being a core contributor to Matrix and providing apps and services for Matrix. Element is on a path to be world changing and a defining standard, hence needs strategic thinking in the GTM challenges ahead.
A discussion with Andy Leaver and Paul Papadimitriou.