P505 - Scaling Enterprise Software Startups, A Story of 1s and 3s, with Andy Leaver, Operating Partner, Notion Capital
Manage episode 277857241 series 129382
Andy Leaver, Operating Partner at Notion Capital, on how do we build on the people, processes and tech to get to the next revenue boundary — the 1s and 3s. Interviewed by Paul Papadimitriou and Stephen Millard.
- Why, as enterprise tech startups grow, they follow the rule of 1s and 3s
- An effective rev ops function is essential
- The “people, process and tech” that enable a startup achieve a particular revenue boundary are unlikely to deliver on the next
- Why pricing is an art and founders need to become masters
- Why your customers are your best salespeople
For any enterprise cloud startup the journey to scale is one that is built around inflection points, which are critical to success. You need to find product market fit, moving beyond founder-led sales to go-to-market fit and then onwards; each layer builds on the previous, with new capabilities and often new people, processes and tech. Few people in Europe have as much pedigree in this than Andy Leaver, Operating Partner at Notion Capital. Andy operated at the most senior levels - from Series A / B to IPO - at Hortonworks, Workday, SuccessFactors, Bazaarvoice and Ariba. He's had an amazing career and is now bringing that experience with him to the Notion Family.
Read more: https://notion.vc/resources/scaling-enterprise-software-startups-a-story-of-1s-and-3s/