Manage episode 343598990 series 2970671
As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and wellbeing of employees is top of mind for employers, with many looking for ways to enhance their benefits programs. With inflation and rising costs, employers are faced with the challenge of balancing those costs and employee wellbeing.
On episode 38, host and Aon’s Senior Vice President, Chief Broking Officer and National Leader, Growth and Client Engagement, Joey Raheb, sits down with Aon’s Chief Executive Officer, Health Solutions, Dave Guilmette, for a conversation about the impact of inflation on employee benefits.
- [1:46] The impact of the pandemic on the employment market and benefits.
- [5:26] Transitioning from benefits as an expense to an investment.
- [10:10] Inflation’s impact on employee benefits.
- [11:51] Tactics for balancing healthcare inflation with employee wellbeing.
- [17:06] Supporting employees in the face of rising business costs.
- [20:46] Dave’s optimistic view of Aon’s future.
- “We’re seeing from employers a very strong level of interest around the resiliency of their workforce.” — Dave Guilmette
- “We have a significant and serious affordability gap in healthcare.” — Dave Guilmette
- “Retain what’s working, potentially even invest in those parts, and start to take out the parts that are not working.” — Dave Guilmette