19. Air purifiers: How to select the best one for you
Manage episode 255263140 series 1319961
Fine and ultra fine particles—a fraction of the size of a tip of human hair— are all around us along with viruses, mold and other toxins. They are both outdoors and indoors. Leaving them unfiltered can have a big impact on the health of you and your family.
Indoor air quality is attracting a lot more attention as more of us grapple with health issues, and realize that indoor air quality can be a contributing factor.
The US EPA estimates that indoor air tends to be at least 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air, even in the most industrialized cities. And we often spend approximately 90% of our time indoors.
Furthermore, certain populations--like young children, domestic workers, and the elderly--can spend even more time indoors than the average person.
While there’s a lot we can’t control about indoor air quality (like in our workplace), we do have a lot of opportunity to create a healthy home, especially a healthy bedroom.
Our podcast guest is Vinny Lobdell, Jr. He is co-founder of Intellipure; president of its parent company, Healthway Family of Brands; and Global President of its sister company, Pure Wellness. We’ll hear more about these B2B and B2C solutions in the podcast with Vinny, who is a leading indoor air quality and air filtration expert.
Vinny helps us understand how to select the best air purifier for our circumstances and budget. He explains that air purifiers are helpful not just in filtering toxic fumes, allergens, fungi, and particles, but also ultra fine particles that are smaller than the tip of a hair.
Studies are finding that these ultra fine particles not only can irritate and inflame our air passageways, including our lungs, but they can penetrate to other areas of our body and contribute to cancer, heart disease, maybe infertility, and more.
We talk about the need for air purifiers to be effective for the square footage of your space, to address germs, bacteria, and fungi that can grow inside your air purifier and make your indoor air quality worse, and other important considerations.
For more related content, visit the link below, where you'll also find a 10% discount code for Intellipure air purifiers. You can also watch a video of Vinny using a meter to compare the effective of Intellipure and two other popular air purifiers by Molekule and Dyson.
- [00:02] Intro
- [01:15] Why should you care about your air quality?
- [04:55] Meet Vincent Lobdell of Intella Pure
- [06:24] Small town beginnings and development
- [08:51] The 3 brands under the Intellapure umbrella
- [10:21] How Sophia made the choice to go with Intella pure
- [11:48] Comparing air cleaners
- [13:31] The impact of air quality and ultrafine particles on health and fertility
- [15:19] Are HEPA grade filters the best? What are the drawbacks?
- [17:11] Virus, mold and toxic particle filtration with DFS
- [19:13] 40x higher efficiency of any HEPA system
- [20:22] Harmful fume and VOC removal
- [22:56] When should you air out your house?
- [26:19] The cost of running air purifiers 24/7
- [27:25] Cleaning detox immersion
- [29:37] Testing Dyson v.s Molekule v.s Intellipure
- [37:57] Outro Part 1
- [02:46] How to test your indoor air quality
- [04:01] Pure 365 to measure and control air quality
- [04:35] Eastern region air quality impact
- [05:38] Customer reviews and patient stories from Intellipure
- [07:45] Thoughts on Austin Air
- [09:52] Intellipure's patented technology
- [11:31] Sophia's choice to become an Intellipure affiliate partner
- [12:40] Pricing
- [13:36] Outro
- Join the Nontoxic Living Newsletter. 1) Text: 66866; and 2) enter: DETOX
- “These are real issues, it's really impacting people and for the most part we can't see them. So how do we first embrace technology to understand and see what's in our air? and second, what roadmap can we create to help live better in our spaces?” -Vincent Lobdell [14:40]
- “The way we've built our homes, we've built our homes so energy efficient, due to cost, that we've just created this time bomb or this super pollution in the space.” -Vincent Lobdell [20:55]
Find | Sophia Ruan Gushee
On Instagram: @RuanLiving
On Twitter: @SophiaGushee
On Facebook: @RuanLiving
Find | Vincent Lobdell
On Instagram: @intellipure
On Twitter: @intellipure
On Facebook: @intellipureair
Podcast Composer: Chris Robertson