Leading a Low-Commitment Church to Become a High Commitment Church – Episode 2 of 3: Leading Leaders to Higher Commitment
Manage episode 320029181 series 3043265
Kevin and Thom look at a common issue facing many churches: low commitment of church members. They take you on a three-part journey that both explains the reasons for the low commitment and ways your church can move to higher commitments. In this second of three episodes, they explain how to move leaders to higher commitment.
1. Leaders must set an example.
2. Preaching without equivocation.
3. Clearly establishing expectations, perhaps covenants, for key lay leaders and staff.
4. Developing processes of accountability.
5. Hiring and calling the right way.
- Check out “Leading a Low-Commitment Church to Become a High Commitment Church – Episode 1 of 3: How Low-Commitment Churches Got That Way”
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.