Manage episode 290953180 series 2917712
In this episode I speak with my longtime hero Dr. T Colin Campbell about the current state of nutrition science, what a holistic vs. reductionist approach to nutrition and scientific research looks like, and how reductionist thinking is harming public health.
- What is reductionist science and why it's harmful
- how reductionist science and thinking is hindering our public health approach to the COVID19 Pandemic
- How and why holistic science and nutrition research is being suppressed
- How to deal with conflicting research
- whether specific nutrient pathways/theoretical mechanisms or real world data matter more
Dr. Colin Campbell is a Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and has spent more than 60 years studying the connection between diet and disease. He is best known for the China Study - one of the most comprehensive studies of health and nutrition ever conducted. He has written several best selling books, and is the founder of the T. Colin Campbell center for Nutrition studies and the Plant Based Nutrition Certification Program in partnership with eCornell.
Learn more here: https://nutritionstudies.org/