Manage episode 321191759 series 1401626
This week, we talk about the messy nature of remote onboarding and share our tips to make it suck just a little less. In the Sidebar, we talk about the visual design for the heads up display used in televised sports.
Golden Ratio Supporters:
Zeplin lets designers spend more time on design, and less time prepping design files for the team. Effortlessly build user journeys with native connectors, flow groups, and text labels — no more maintaining extra layers in your design tool. Zeplin is so much more than just specs — get started for free to see why.
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Kevin Bennett
- Chris Carbo
- Paula Ojansuu
- Tom Phillips
- Anthony DiSpezio
- XJ Lu
- Regarding micromanaging, Stevie Roger tweeted: We have a weekly team show-and-tell/idea sharing and collectively doesn’t feel like I’m being micromanaged. I’ve learnt more from others guidance and it never feels like micromanaging. This has been endlessly useful as I move into more senior roles.
- Regarding senior designer expectations, Brandon Schmittling tweeted: Senior designers talk to other designers and creatives in their field. They have dialogues with their peers at other organizations and across industries. A stretch signal might be: Senior designers share their conversations and “bring the outside in” to their team or organization. Just something I’ve been thinking lately. Great episode and thanks!
This week, we talk about the messy nature of remote onboarding and share our tips to make it suck just a little less.
- Brian shared The French Dispatch, Wes Anderson's latest film. It's fun! If you're into this style, you won't be disappointed.
- Marshall shared Murderville, a murder mystery show with a new celebrity guest every week. And it's new!
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes.