Manage episode 377587639 series 2860927
In today’s episode, Toby Mathis, Esq. welcomes Joshua Robertson, Esq., Senior Attorney at Anderson Business Advisors, to the podcast to discuss different approaches to protecting your property and assets from liability and lawsuits.
Josh shares three important strategies for building a structurally sound legal protection plan that will prevent your assets from appearing in public information records and protect them from being targeted. From setting up LLCs as owners, to separating ownership of your assets and the ‘use’ of those assets, Josh explains some simple tactics that take simple “anonymity” a step further - building additional legal protection behind the scenes.
- Control everything, own nothing directly
- Business entities that own your assets
- Member vs. manager
- Using strategies creatively to enhance your protection
- Splitting ‘ownership’ from ‘use’ - separate LLCs
- Separating LLCs in property ownership
- Isolating substantial assets
- Anonymity is not protection in itself, it is the undergirding legal structure
- Understand where your potential risk lies!