Manage episode 293027230 series 2897700
In today’s episode, the guys start the episode discussing Elon Musk and their surprising takes on his recent Saturday Night Live hosting gig (1:08) -- plus a brief discussion on Wayne Gretsky’s (in)famous hosting gig. Then, to commemorate the upcoming season finale of the 46th season of Saturday Night Live, Ali and Asif discuss their top 5 SNL performers (9:25). Listen to find out who they include and who they shockingly leave out! Then Asif discusses the concept of intermittent fasting (27:30). He goes over the theory for why it should work and the basic science evidence. Then he reviews the clinical studies supporting and refuting the effectiveness of intermittent fasting. Finally, he discusses promising new trials regarding cancer and intermittent fasting.
The opinions expressed are those of the hosts, and do not reflect those of any other organizations. This podcast and website represents the opinions of the hosts. The content here should not be taken as medical advice. The content here is for entertainment and informational purposes only, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any medical questions.
Music courtesy of Wataboi and 8er41 from Pixabay
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Social media:
- The One Big Problem With Elon Musk’s Autism Announcement: https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/elon-musk-aspergers-snl-autism-spectrum.html
- A Conversation With a Harvard Geneticist on How to Live (Well) Past 100: Dr. David Sinclair talks intermittent fasting, Benjamin Button and more
- Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health, Aging, and Disease: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1905136
- Intermittent fasting and weight loss: Systematic review: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32060194/
- Diet Review: Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/intermittent-fasting/
- Effects of Time-Restricted Eating on Weight Loss and Other Metabolic Parameters in Women and Men With Overweight and ObesityThe TREAT Randomized Clinical Trial: JAMA Intern Med. 2020;180(11):1491-1499. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.4153
- A Potential Downside of Intermittent Fasting: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/28/well/eat/a-potential-downside-of-intermittent-fasting.html