Manage episode 296498402 series 2897700
On today’s episode, Ali joins us on location in Newfoundland, and talks about filming the television show 'Hudson and Rex' (00:50). Asif asks Ali about his thoughts on the new HBO show ‘Hacks’. They discuss the premise of the show (young writer coming up with jokes for an aging comedian), comedians getting jokes written for them, and aging comics. They also share their thoughts on how the main character on the show appears to be inspired by the legendary Joan Rivers (5:35). The guys then give their thoughts on the show as a whole and why they like the show’s unlikeable characters. Then, Asif discusses ADHD in kids (34:13). He goes over definitions of ADHD and the fact the amount of kids being diagnosed with ADHD over time has been increasing. Asif then discusses the pros and cons of children receiving a diagnosis of ADHD as well as therapy for ADHD.
The opinions expressed are those of the hosts, and do not reflect those of any other organizations. This podcast and website represents the opinions of the hosts. The content here should not be taken as medical advice. The content here is for entertainment and informational purposes only, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any medical questions.
Music courtesy of Wataboi and 8er41 from Pixabay
Contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Social media:
- ‘Hacks’: Jean Smart Makes ’Em Laugh in Stand-Up Dramedy: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/hacks-review-hbo-max-jean-smart-1166522/
- Overdiagnosis of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and AdolescentsA Systematic Scoping Review: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2778451
- Overdiagnosis of mental disorders in children and adolescents (in developed countries): https://capmh.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13034-016-0140-5
- Measuring inappropriate medical diagnosis and treatment in survey data: The case of ADHD among school-aged children.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20739076/
- Influence of relative age on diagnosis and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3328520/