Manage episode 297057573 series 2897700
On today’s episode, Ali updates us on his filming of Hudson and Rex in Newfoundland (00:54).Then Asif asks Ali about his thoughts on Bo Burnham’s new netflix special ‘Inside’ (3:56). The guys talk about Bo Burnham’s rise to fame via the internet and the response to his special, both good and bad. They compare the response to the special to Hannah Gadsby’s ‘Nanette’ and other atypical comedy specials such as those done by Hasan Minhaj, Patton Oswalt and Chris Rock. Then Ali asks Asif about ADHD in adults (29:59). Asif then addresses whether ADHD may be overdiagnosed as well. Finally, they discuss the abuse of prescription stimulants in college and university students.
The opinions expressed are those of the hosts, and do not reflect those of any other organizations. This podcast and website represents the opinions of the hosts. The content here should not be taken as medical advice. The content here is for entertainment and informational purposes only, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any medical questions.
Music courtesy of Wataboi and 8er41 from Pixabay
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Social media:
- The Problem With Bo Burnham’s Inside https://slate.com/culture/2021/06/problem-with-bo-burnham-inside.html
- Bo Burnham on creating comedy from a life of growing up online and his new film Eighth Grade: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/monday-july-30-2018-bo-burnham-abba-s-benny-andersson-and-more-1.4764877/bo-burnham-on-creating-comedy-from-a-life-of-growing-up-online-and-his-new-film-eighth-grade-1.4764883
- Three ideas. Three Contradictions. Or not: https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_gadsby_three_ideas_three_contradictions_or_not
- Is Adult Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Being Overdiagnosed? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4500182/
- Non-medical Prescription Stimulant Use among Post-secondary Students (Topic Summary): https://www.ccsa.ca/non-medical-prescription-stimulant-use-among-post-secondary-students-topic-summary
- “Study Drug” Abuse by College Students: What You Need to Know: https://www.center4research.org/study-drug-abuse-college-students/
- Do college students improve their grades by using prescription stimulants nonmedically? https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306460316302659?casa_token=Yql1SIrZvGwAAAAA:nz7ffOZypJRxSaofFFF4mwjO5PviIckR1-VZmhGbR1xFft-63Ch4UHohGh_3tCuuf2-7nfMakjtz