Manage episode 298126816 series 2897700
On today’s episode the guys first off start talking about last week’s Emmy nominations, including the surprises and snubs (00:54). Then Asif asks Ali about his thoughts on ‘Ted Lasso’ (5:16). The guys talk about the development of the show and praise the performances of the cast, particularly Jason Sudeikis and Hannah Waddingham. They then talk about why the show has resonated with so many people during the pandemic. They also discuss the real life parallels between Ted Lasso’s personal life and Jason Sudeikis’. Then Ali asks Asif about psychedelics in medicine and their surprising connection to Ted Lasso (24:18). Asif talks about psychedelics being brought to prominence by the author Micheal Pollan and discusses the emerging evidence for their use in mental health.
The opinions expressed are those of the hosts, and do not reflect those of any other organizations. This podcast and website represents the opinions of the hosts. The content here should not be taken as medical advice. The content here is for entertainment and informational purposes only, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any medical questions.
Music courtesy of Wataboi and 8er41 from Pixabay
Contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Social media:
- Jason Sudeikis Is Having One Hell of a Year https://www.gq.com/story/jason-sudeikis-august-cover-profile
- He shoots! He scores! How Jason Sudeikis won our hearts with Ted Lasso: https://ew.com/tv/ted-lasso-cover-jason-sudeikis/
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence: https://michaelpollan.com/books/how-to-change-your-mind/
- 'Reluctant Psychonaut' Michael Pollan Embraces The 'New Science' Of Psychedelics: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/05/15/611225541/reluctant-psychonaut-michael-pollan-embraces-the-new-science-of-psychedelics
- Michael Pollan Drops Acid — and Comes Back From His Trip Convinced: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/books/review/michael-pollan-how-to-change-your-mind.html
- This Will Change Your Mind About Psychedelic Drugs: https://time.com/5278036/michael-pollan-psychedelic-drugs/
- The Current Status of Psychedelics in Psychiatry: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32725172/
- Psilocybin can occasion mystical-type experiences having substantial and sustained personal meaning and spiritual significance: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16826400/
- Neural correlates of the psychedelic state as determined by fMRI studies with psilocybin: https://www.pnas.org/content/109/6/2138
- Effects of Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy on Major Depressive Disorder: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/2772630