Manage episode 291157942 series 2897700
In this episode the guys reflect on the life of the late Chadwick Boseman. They first start by debriefing about this week’s Oscars telecast, Asif’s less than impressive predictions and the snub of Chadwick in the Best Actor category (00:50). Ali discusses Chadwick’s early life and his career from All My Children to 42 to Get on Up to Black Panther (10:33). Then they discuss his last two performances in Da 5 Bloods and Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and his lasting legacy. Because of Chadwick’s death at an early age from colon cancer, Asif then discusses the risk factors and signs of colon cancer (22:49). He then discusses screening for colon cancer and what one can do to help prevent it.
The opinions expressed are those of the hosts, and do not reflect those of any other organizations. This podcast and website represents the opinions of the hosts. The content here should not be taken as medical advice. The content here is for entertainment and informational purposes only, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any medical questions.
Music courtesy of Wataboi and 8er41 from Pixabay
Contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Social media:
- Six Ways to Lower Your Risk for Colorectal Cancer https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/six-ways-to-lower-your-risk-for-colon-cancer.html
- Aspirin Use to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Colorectal Cancer: Preventive Medication: https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/recommendation/aspirin-to-prevent-cardiovascular-disease-and-cancer:
- American Cancer Society Guideline for Colorectal Cancer Screening: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/colon-rectal-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/acs-recommendations.html
- Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health care: https://canadiantaskforce.ca/guidelines/published-guidelines/colorectal-cancer/
- Association of adherence to lifestyle recommendations and risk of colorectal cancer: a prospective Danish cohort study: https://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c5504
- High-fructose corn syrup enhances intestinal tumor growth in mice: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6433/1345