Manage episode 302652156 series 2882750
Nick Yang is the Head of Marketing at Jacaranda Finance. Jacaranda is a Brisbane-based personal finance company providing super fast lending services to Australians with a broad range of risk profiles.
Nick and Jacaranda want to usher in a new era of financial inclusion by making micro-financing available to all Australians, including the 3 million people who are deemed ‘unbankable’ by traditional financial institutions. The company was founded in 2014 with a vision to offer everyday Aussies a fair go at personal finance. Within this short period of time, Jacaranda Finance has become an award-winning lender, fulfilling what it aimed to achieve. The company was named Champion of Financial Services at the 2019 Australian Small Business Champion Gala Dinner and Awards.
Jacaranda facilitated easy and fast online micro-finance options for personal loans up to $10,000 and car loans for up to $35,000. The cash becomes available to your bank account within minutes of application. This quick and hassle-free loan processing is surely going to give more and more Australians a fair go at their financial well-being.
Nick has around 10 years of experience as a business analyst, project manager, and digital marketing strategist with a special focus on the finance and the insurance industry.
Before joining Jacaranda Finance, Nick worked as Search & Analytics Manager at Cover-More Group, a global travel insurance and travel assistance provider with over 50% of the market share, and as web project manager at Global Payments Inc., a Fortune 500 payments technology company.
In this podcast episode, Nick Yang shares with us:
- His academic and career backgrounds and how he moved from the world of IT to digital marketing.
- Why does the new breed of marketing professionals require IT knowledge?
- He also shares some valuable suggestions for those who want to move from IT to marketing.
- What is Jacaranda Finance, what it does, and how it helps the consumers?
- How the company builds brand awareness and runs its marketing processes without a physical presence.
- Nick also explains his view of branding in today’s fast-paced digital environment.
- Why it is important to be mobile-first when today smartphones are a main driving force.
- Some ideas for optimizing the customer experience for enabling micro-conversions while the customers are on the web.
- Importance of data in customer segmentation and the use of data analytics.
If you are a senior manager operating primarily in the digital economy or fintech, you will certainly appreciate listening to the key principles Nick uses to form his strategy for data-driven marketing.
BusinessAnalytics, CustomerExperience, MarketingAnalytics, DataDrivenMarketing, DigitalMarketing, DataScience