Manage episode 274910609 series 2775033
On today's podcast, I'm speaking with August Bradley, an ex founder who helps small to mid-sized businesses enhance operations with Notion. August also recently created his Notion course, Pillars, Pipelines, and Vaults which he has created content around on his Youtube channel which has reached over 20,000 subscribers. On today's episode, we talk about how August came up with Pillars Pipeline and Vaults system for managing your life and business, why August believes in quantified self, and how science and technology can enhance human performance.
1. Year Zero (August's Community)
2. August's Twitter
3. Brandon's Twitter
4. Brandon's Website
5 Key Takeaways:
1. The biggest failure is we don't do the things we tell ourselves, we're going to do, the commitments we make to ourselves. And so that is the first challenge to overcome. And I address that with the focus segment.
2. So the quick ones are in front, I'll take two or three minutes, just get them done and knock them off your list, shorten the list, you might have one that's immediate, that's the bold yellow lightning bolt the front, if there's something I have to do, the second I sit down, I flag it as immediate, and I don't miss it. Then after that, the rest are first, second, third, fourth, I go up the fifth priority, but I try to really just have up to three. Because really three big priorities in the day is a lot, even two is reasonable.
3. Because I'm working with small companies with founders who are very dominant in the company's their early stage companies. And even if they've raised a good amount of money, the founders are very intertwined. And I was finding as I would implement systems and processes for the small companies, that it wouldn't work if the founder, like if the founders life was not organized, and systematized and together, so if the founder was kind of a mess, but the company was structured.
4. Some of the most powerful things are simple effect. Many, most of the most powerful things are relatively simple. But those are the game changers, they changed the whole trajectory of the curve.
5. Everyone I had admitted so many people had with Evernote was the became this bottomless pit, even when it was our primary system for expanding our minds, it was even then a bottomless pit because you couldn't really structure and resurface, you might get lucky with with the AI engine recommending something but usually not.