Manage episode 302407718 series 2964260
由Player FM以及我们的用户群所搜索的Dr. Mark Hyman — 版权由出版商所拥有，而不是Player FM，音频直接从出版商的伺服器串流. 点击订阅按钮以查看Player FM更新，或粘贴收取点链接到其他播客应用程序里。
The most profound cases of healing I see are in people who refuse to give up. Even if they’ve found some things that improve their condition, they continue searching for new ways to feel better and better. This is how we break down walls in medicine. It’s how people who are told they’ll never walk again end up biking to work every day. I’m honored to have one of those incredible people on today’s podcast to talk about her journey as a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Dr. Terry Wahls never stopped searching for answers and has changed the prognosis of MS and autoimmune diseases for herself and so many others in the process. Throughout this episode, we dive into Dr. Wahls latest tweaks and updates to the healing protocol that’s been so successful for her and countless others.
Dr. Terry Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa. Her secondary progressive multiple sclerosis confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years, but she restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for mitochondrial health and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine, The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles, and the cookbook, The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions.
This episode is brought to you by HigherDOSE, BiOptimizers, and MitoPure.
Right now, you can save $75 off a HigherDose Infrared Sauna Blanket or Infrared PEMF Mat. Just go to HigherDOSE.com/farmacy today and use my exclusive Promo Code: FARMACY75 at checkout.
You can try BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off by going to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and using the code HYMAN10. For a limited time, BiOptimizers is also giving away free bottles of their bestselling products P3OM and Masszymes with select purchases.
MitoPure, from TimeLine Nutrition, regenerates mitochondria and supports cellular energy production. Right now you can get 10% off MitoPure, which you can get in a capsule, powder, or protein blend, at timelinenutrition.com/drhyman.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- The development of The Wahls Behavior Change Model and importance of attending to mental, spiritual, and emotional aspects of overall health (7:00)
- Dr. Wahls’ use of hormesis (mild to moderate stress to the body followed by sufficient recovery and repair) to enhance her health (8:14)
- The role that stress played in Dr. Wahls’ life prior to her MS diagnosis, and how she now incorporates stress management in her daily routine (13:16)
- The Wahls Protocol diet (20:07)
- Unique challenges and successes of clinically studying The Wahls Protocol (31:37)
- Patient stories of remarkable health improvements and disease management (40:24)
- Dr. Wahls’ current study of Clinically Isolated Syndrome and Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: Dietary and lifestyle changes without drugs versus standard of care (44:55)
- Why the NIH resists funding diet and lifestyle research, and the idea of creating health vs treating disease (50:37)
- Multiple Sclerosis and the gut microbiome (54:27)
- Getting to the root cause of autoimmune disease (59:01)
Get Dr. Wahl’s new book, The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles at
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.