Manage episode 281387597 series 1294528
In this episode 163 of the Podcast I reflect on all that has gone on in the last year and cover the notable changes and developments in employment law and HR.
In this episode I will cover:
- The development of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Furlough and the Job Retention Scheme.
- Redundancy processes.
- Development in Equality and Diversity in the workplace in the wake of the murder of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement.
- The extension of the ACAS Early Conciliation time from 4 weeks to 6 weeks.
- Developments in the Employment Tribunal process with the growing usage of video hearings.
- Ethical veganism as a protected characteristic under the Equality Act.
- Changes to requirements for employment contracts.
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £198 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – email@example.com or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001 or 023 8098 2006
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.