The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
289. Data on the Key Traits of Billion Dollar Startups with the Author of Super Founders: What Data Reveals About Billion-Dollar Startups (Ali Tamaseb)
Manage episode 296714893 series 1547256
Ali Tamaseb of DCVC joins Nick to discuss Data on the Key Traits of Billion-Dollar Startups with the Author of Super Founders: What Data Reveals About Billion-Dollar Startups. In this episode we cover:
- Founders' history of building
- Second-time founders and their larger chance of being unicorns
- Super Founders bouncing to different industries isn't detrimental to their success
- Having domain experience does not correlate to success
- How non/technical founders partner with the same
- How proxy metrics do not define a good founder
- Painkiller or Vitamin Pill? Which holds success?
- How geography may be a dying metric for success
- How Super Founders tend to secure investment even in the opening rounds
- Which type of competition defines the unicorn
- Timing remains the most difficult thing to crack
The host of The Full Ratchet is Nick Moran, General Partner of New Stack Ventures, a venture capital firm committed to investing in the exceptions. To learn more about New Stack Ventures by visiting our Website and LinkedIn and be sure to follow us on Twitter. Are you a founder looking for your next investor? Visit our free tool VC-Rank and tell us about your business. We’ll send a list of possible investors right to your email’s InBox!