Manage episode 291395587 series 2840436
Scaling a food + beverage business often requires outsourcing your manufacturing to a Co-packer, and if you’re new to the industry there is a lot to learn!
Ashley Sutterfield, CEO of Metzger & Roth joins Sarah in this episode to help you clear on the process and (you guessed it) costs of partnering with a Co-packer.
In this episode Ashley covers:
- When it’s the right time to partner with a Co-packer
- Keys to creating a long-term relationship with your co-packer
- The Co-packer selection + onboarding process
- Costs + Options for Developing your Product Formulation
- How Per Unit Costs are Determined by the Co-packer
- Production Test Runs + Costs
- Process Authority Letter Purpose + Fees
- Additional costs and considerations for shelf-life testing, storage, shipping + more.
- The importance of Cash Flow for your Initial Product Run
Ashley is a wealth of knowledge, and we’re excited for you to listen in!
MEET ASHLEY SUTTERFIELD
Ashley is the CEO of Metzger & Roth. A boutique consulting firm that helps packaged food entrepreneurs prepare for commercializing their product with a co-packer. In her 15 years as a Food Scientist Ashley has helped companies scale over 100 million pounds of food products. Ashley combines her expertise in manufacturing, strategic planning, and one-on-one coaching to guide companies as you navigate the world of co-packing. She specializes in helping you simplify the process step-by-step.
LINKS + RESOURCES
Learn more about Metzger & Roth
Book a Free Strategy Call with Ashley
Sarah’s Instagram: @sarah.delevan.consulting
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn
Join the FREE Profitable Food Business Group hosted on Mighty Networks