Manage episode 285045537 series 2840436
It’s common for good food business owners to calculate their perfect product price, only to find that it’s higher than they think they can (or should) sell it for.
Doubts often follow as to whether or not they can successfully sell their product at a premium price, and whether or not the right move is to lower costs.
In this episode Sarah and CPG Consultant Alli Ball discuss the steps you can take to build a successful food business selling a “high priced” product.
In This Episode of The Good Food CFO Podcast…
- Why looking to your target market is key to landing on the right price for your product
- 5 Key Brand Questions to gain clarity on pricing decisions
- The freeing truth that Everyone is not your target audience
- The customer touch points that are important to identify + ensure are “on brand”
- The worst business advice Alli has ever received, and what you can learn from it!
MEET ALLI BALL
Alli Ball is a former Grocery Buyer turned Wholesale Consultant, and the creator of Retail Ready®, an online course for producers of packaged product in the food industry. Alli has helped hundreds of emerging brands understand what it takes to get their products on the retail shelf- and keep them there- by sharing the behind-the-scenes secrets and thought process of Wholesale Buyers as they assess new products for their stores or online marketplace.
RESOURCES + LINKS
Listen in to her weekly podcast about wholesale strategy, Food Biz Wiz®
Hop on the Retail Ready Waitlist!
Download Alli’s 9 steps to building a brand that flies off the shelf.
Sarah’s Instagram: @sarah.delevan.consulting
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn
Download Sarah’s Profitability Roadmap
Join the Profitable Food Business Community hosted on Mighty Networks