Manage episode 281047583 series 2808040
Nathanael Garrett Novosel started his quest to understand the meaning of life at the age of six. He is the author of The Meaning of Life: A Guide To Finding Your Life’s Purpose, which sets out 8 concepts key to finding meaning. In his book and in his teachings Nathanael helps people answer questions like “why are you here?”, “how does life work?” and “what are you supposed to do with your existence?”.
Nathanael has researched psychology, evolutionary biology, organizational best practices, leadership decision making, business, technology, finance, and philosophy to understand the world as we know it. He worked extensively with senior executives, before deciding to devote his skills to helping people to live the best lives possible.
In this episode, Nathanael and Andrew discuss the 8 concepts, Nathanael’s own journey of research and insight, and how his autism helped him develop his deep understanding of the meaning of life.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50. https://www.patreon.com/andrewgmarshall
- Find out about Nathanael’s book, The Meaning of Life, and the 8 concepts it outlines: https://www.yourmeaninginlife.com and buy the book here https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-meaning-of-life-nathanael-garrett-novosel/1135680135
- Follow Nathanael on social media:
- Hear Carol Dweck’s TED talk on growth mindset: https://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve?language=en
- Find out more about James Hollis’ book, Living an Examined Life https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/36165956
- Read Andrew’s thoughts on what to do if you or your partner feel like you’re in the throes of what society would call a midlife crisis: https://andrewgmarshall.com/ten-tell-tale-signs-midlife-crisis/
- Get Andrew’s advice on creating real change in your life and relationships in his book Wake Up and Change Your Life: How to Survive a Crisis and Be Stronger, Wiser and Happier https://andrewgmarshall.com/book/wake-up-and-change-your-life-how-to-survive-a-crisis-and-be-stronger-wiser-and-happier/
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: