Manage episode 282050230 series 2808040
How do we find meaning out of a difficult childhood and a troubled mother-daughter relationship? In this episode Nigerian-American writer, mindfulness practitioner and educator Itoro Bassey speaks with Andrew about how to mother the wounded child inside.
Itoro now lives in Nigeria (after being born and raised in the USA) and is the founder of the digital course, From Surviving to Thriving: Becoming Your Own Inner Author. This course uses writing and energy work to bring students into the present moment.
Itoro has published on culture, identity, and healing for over ten years and now offers intuitive counselling sessions for those in need of support.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50. https://www.patreon.com/andrewgmarshall
- Follow Itoro Bassey on Instagram or contact her at email@example.com
- Read some of Itoro’s writing on culture, family and identity:
- Read about Questions for Ada by Ijeoma Umebinyuo https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26141400-questions-for-ada
- Read Andrew’s memoir on the loss of his partner, My Mourning Year https://mymourningyear.com
- Get Andrew’s advice on dealing with painful feelings: https://andrewgmarshall.com/seven-ways-to-cope-with-painful-feelings/
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: