Manage episode 287376146 series 2808040
Our parents’ divorce can have so many ramifications, some of which don’t become apparent until well into adulthood. How do we face up to and understand the unprocessed pain of divorce? How do we build more successful relationships of our own?
Terry Gaspard specialises in helping clients overcome the legacy of their parents’ breakups in order to build strong, happy relationships. Terry is also an expert on second marriages - these have a higher divorce rate than first marriages, but with support and skills, can bring a huge amount of happiness.
Terry is a licensed therapist, author, and college instructor who works with children, adults, couples, and families. She also works from personal experience: her own parents divorced when she was ten, and she herself went through a divorce, and went on to make a very happy second marriage. Her book Daughters of Divorce is co-written with her own daughter.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50.
- Read Terry Gaspard’s books The Remarriage Manual and Daughters of Divorce
- Find out more about Terry on her website
- Find Terry’s articles published in Patheos.com, TheGoodMenProject.com, The Gottman Institute Relationship Blog, DivorcedMoms.com, DivorceMagazine.com and marriage.com
- Follow Terry on Twitter and on Facebook
- Andrew and Terry also discussed the books Second Chances: Men, Women and Children, A Decade After Divorce by Judith S. Wallerstein and Sandra Blakeslee and Generation at Risk: Growing Up in an Era of Family Upheaval by Paul R. Amato and Alan Booth.
- Read Andrew’s book I Love You But I’m Not in Love with You: Seven Steps to Saving Your Relationship
- Read Andrew’s book on turning things around in midlife Wake Up and Change Your Life: How to Survive a Crisis and be Stronger, Wiser and Happier
- Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.