Manage episode 277597934 series 2808040
Why are so many working parents exhausted? Why does it often feel so unfulfilling switching between a demanding job and doing our best as parents?
Anita Cleare’s new book, The Work/Parent Switch, explores the challenge of moving between driven, goal-oriented professional mode, and the looser, more mindful state needed to parent. Anita talks with Andrew about creative ways to switch between the two states, and about how modern parents can benefit from doing less for their children.
Anita Cleare (MA AdvDip) is a parenting expert, writer and coach. She is the co-founder of the Positive Parenting Project, a social enterprise which aims to bring the benefits of proven evidence-based parenting strategies to as many parents (and children) as possible.
- Join our Supporters Club to access exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fan requests and the chance to ask Andrew your own questions. Membership starts at just £4.50. https://www.patreon.com/andrewgmarshall
- Get Anita Cleare’s new book, The Work/Parent Switch https://www.anitacleare.co.uk/get-support/the-work-parent-switch/
- Read Anita’s blog, Thinking Parenting, and find out about her parenting webinars and private parenting coaching here: https://www.anitacleare.co.uk/
- Read Andrew’s book I Love You But You Always Put Me Last: How To Child-Proof Your Marriage https://andrewgmarshall.com/book/i-love-you-but-you-always-put-me-last-how-to-child-proof-your-marriage/
- If you’re struggling to connect with your partner and are labouring under the strain of work and parenting, read Andrew’s blog “Three Secrets of a Happy Relationship” https://andrewgmarshall.com/three-secrets-of-a-happy-relationship/
Andrew offers regular advice on love, marriage and finding meaning in your life via his social channels. Follow him on: