Manage episode 285494944 series 1247055
We’re back for Season Seven of the The MJCast! In this regular episode, hosts Jamon Bull and Elise Capron are joined by mega-fan Rickey Alexander, who was most recently on the podcast for the #History25 Roundtable. In this in-depth discussion to kick off 2021, the team digs into loads of news in the world of Michael Jackson, including the sale of Neverland Ranch, a new podcast by Brad Sundberg, two compelling new MJ books, fan community drama, Superbowl chat, expanded re-releases from The Jacksons, a frustrating John Branca interview, updates on the Cascio Case, and much more. The MJCast team is excited for the season to come. Thank you for joining us!
• Neverland Ranch has been sold to Ron Burkle.
• Brad Sundberg has launched his In The Studio podcast.
• We copped some heat on our stance regarding RazörFist and John Ziegler.
• MJNewsDigest has featured The MJCast in his ‘Exposed’ series.
• Talitha Linehan has released her book called ‘Michael Jackson and Me’.
• Aileen Medalla has released her book called ‘The King of Pop and I’.
• Is The Weeknd’s video for ‘Save Your Tears’ a reference to Michael Jackson?
• The Jacksons have released expanded digital versions of their eponymous album, ‘Goin’ Places’ and ‘Destiny’, as well as a vinyl-only re-release of ‘The Jacksons Live’, available for pre-order on Amazon.
• Chinese company PureArts is releasing a crazy-expensive Michael Jackson figurine.
• Tom Mesereau is a featured guest on the legal podcast “Hashing Out the Law” with Arash Hashemi.
• Possible book and documentary coming from Hamid Moslehi?
• New interview with John Branca.
• Michael Jackson Chart Data Year In Review.
• Rickey Alexander’s new essay on Medium, ‘What is Michael Jackson’s Magnum Opus?’
• Rickey Alexander’s Twitter page.
• Audible – Great audiobooks. Great a free one-month trial (including one free audiobook) and help support the podcast by using our custom MJCast promo link.
• The MJCast’s official shop. Support The MJCast and Michael Jackson all at the same time by buying some of our merchandise.
Connect with Us
If you have feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!