Weed Warfare: Tactics for Fighting Weeds | Stone Cold Facts about Natural Stone Countertops | Embrace Efficiency with an Airless Paint Sprayer | Ep #2312
Manage episode 364271924 series 2315936
- Eliminating Weeds: Weeds are the enemy of lush, healthy lawns. Get tips on fighting backyard weeds all season long.
- Natural Stone Countertops: Stone countertops are a rock-solid choice for kitchens but require care. Find out the pros and cons.
- Airless Paint Sprayers: If you’d like to get a smooth and speedy finish on your next painting project, check out a high-efficiency airless paint sprayer.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions.
- Dock Restoration: Colleen is seeking a product to restore dock surfaces. We suggest using an established, name-brand product and testing a small area first.
- Plaster Walls: Plaster is falling off the walls in Scott’s house. We recommend installing new drywall over it to secure the plaster and provide a smooth surface.
- Staining Concrete: Can you color a concrete patio to cover up repaired cracks? Dottie can choose from a range of concrete stain colors before sealing the patio.
- Hardwood Floors: Mark likes the old-fashioned look but wants to clean and protect his hardwood floors. A light sanding and a flat or satin finish will work.
- Crawlspace Vapor Barrier: Is plastic needed on the ground under an exposed crawlspace? Margie can add a vapor barrier to prevent moisture from wicking up through the soil.
- Toilet Flushing: When Jeff flushes one of his high-efficiency toilets, it sucks water out of the other one. He needs a plumber to check for a venting issue or an obstruction that’s blocking the air to create suction.
- Vines: Invasive vines managed to grow through a window and across the room. After cutting them down, Louise must sand, prime, and paint the walls and be sure to kill the vine at the roots outside the house.
- Deck Maintenance: George is tired of resealing the deck each time it peels. He can either strip the wood and start over or replace the boards with a composite material.
- Carpet Stain Removal: Chuck is trying to remove some old blood stains from carpeting. We have tips on using either water and salt or hydrogen peroxide to lift the stain.
- Preventing Mold: Mold keeps returning around the sink and bathtub. Andrea learns how to use bleach, a mildewcide caulk, and moisture control to prevent mild from coming back.
- Wood Siding: Dennis wants to change the siding on his home. He’ll be able to install the new siding right over the T1-11 wood siding he currently has.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices