Manage episode 295577189 series 2817095
An interview with with expert golf bettor and tipster, Matt from the PGA Profit service.
Matt outlines his approach to golf betting and the algorithm he has built, which form the basis of the bets he takes each week, firstly on the PGA Tour but more recently the European Tour as well.
We discuss the edges he finds betting on golf and some of the variables that feed into his algorithm, including his ability to regularly find overlooked value bets and maiden tour winners simply by digging a little deeper. Matt also outlined how he gets bets on, why he tips and bets early and his approach to using the exchanges, plus of course his consistently profitable service PGA Profit and its new FREE to follow sister service, European Tour Profit
- Matts background in accountancy and subsequent shift to sports therapy – work which he now juggles with his golf betting output and PGA Profit service
- How and why he built his golf betting algorithm and a little bit about its operation
- The manual, intuitive work that goes into breaking down further the shortlist of golfers that his algorithm throws up each week
- His focus on a certain type of under-rated player and his regular ability to find value bets that others do not – including 8 maiden PGA Tour winners
- The time he puts in each week and the extensive work that goes on behind the scenes to find this regular value
- Some of the advanced factors and variables that he finds useful and important in terms of weighing up which golfers are good bets (and those that are not!)
- Resources and websites he recommends to golf betting enthusiasts
- Getting bets on – his approach and the mix of bookmakers/Betfair he takes
- The advantages of betting on the exchanges, including the significantly better odds you can obtain on bets to win
- Why he bets early and the need to get out ahead of other tipsters who move the market!
- The mental challenges of golf betting and why not everyone is suited to it – patience, patience, patience!
- The tipster service he oversees at PGA Profit and its excellent record over the past 4 years golf betting
- His new ‘FREE’ European Tour Profit service launched this year and how you can access its advice
- Visit PGA Profit at https://smartbettingclub.com/pgaprofit/
- Explore his new free European Tour Profit service at https://smartbettingclub.com/euro-tour-profit/
- Contact Matt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast feedback - contact SBC on twitter @sbcinfo