Manage episode 276185664 series 2817095
An interview with football scout writer, Greg Gordon, who alongside his work in the football industry has carved out a fine career both betting and tipping on football for well over a decade.
Discussed in this podcast:
- How his work as a scout informs his football betting work and the success he has enjoyed over 15 years
- How he prices up a game and a simple way to copy his approach to find value.
- Why he specializes on certain teams rather than specific leagues or competitions and the advantages of this
- How he analyses and bets on games from an in-play perspective
- How Covid-19 has impacted his football betting
- Some of the less common football markets and type of bets he focuses on and why there is an edge there
- Why listening to the TV commentary on live football can badly influence your bets
- Where he bets and his strategy about getting on
- Why relying on XG alone can be a flawed approach
- Anecdotes on those in the football world he has worked with over the years such as Sir Alex Ferguson, Jim Leighton & Archie Knox