Episode 64: Dynamic & data-driven social impact with Emily Kane Miller - Founder & CEO, Ethos Giving & Ethos Tracking
Manage episode 334265145 series 3308568
Emily Kane Miller is the Founder and CEO of Ethos Giving, a philanthropic services firm, and Ethos Tracking, a related social impact data management tool that allows businesses, nonprofits and foundations to more effectively track their impact. The central theme for Emily’s life has always been “how can I be an agent of good for my community”, a question that has followed her throughout her career in public policy and law, corporate infrastructure and ultimately what led her to become a tech founder.
In our conversation we discuss:
- The process of creating, iterating and launching a tech product
- Why she believes change is a collaborative process
- The importance of social impact as part of company culture
- The historical framework of social good vs. her thoughts on where we are headed
- Her top 3 tips for starting / building a career in the social impact space
- And ultimately why she created her company
Emily and her team are utilizing metrics and data to help companies create meaningful and effective social impact in ways that make sense for their respective business models.
Connect with Emily: