Manage episode 294602315 series 2937717
On this episode we interview Malachai Darling Class of 2016. He holds a Bachelors in History and Biblical Studies, a Masters in Library Science, and has been working in the field of Archives and Special collections management for a few years now.
- Bachelors in History and Biblical Studies
- Masters in Library Science - Focus on Archives and Special Collections Management
- Volunteer your time to gain experience. It can lead to good things!
- Resources for finding archivist and special collections management internships:
- Tapping into your network to find the next opportunity.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and try new things.
- Understanding the greater purpose of your role and how doing it well can benefit others in the future.
- Florida College prepares you well academically for graduate school. There is a heavy focus on research in their history classes.
- Volunteered for Young Alumni Council to connect with current students, other alumni, and share his experiences with them.
- Continued involvement with Boys Scouts of America while in college by getting involved with local Tampa, FL troop.
- Enjoys Presidential history and is reading through old presidential addresses.
- Has a growing presidential mug collection.
- Book recommendation: How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading Paperback by Mortimer J. Adler
- Advise to younger self: “You have the skills to do well and you will do well. Just chill out and go with it. Be calmer and go with the flow.”
- Find him on social media @ Malachai Darling or email at email@example.com