#2 Leah Hersey
Manage episode 294602314 series 2937717
由Player FM以及我们的用户群所搜索的Young Alumni Council — 版权由出版商所拥有，而不是Player FM，音频直接从出版商的伺服器串流. 点击订阅按钮以查看Player FM更新，或粘贴收取点链接到其他播客应用程序里。
On this episode we interview Leah Hersey Class of 2017. She holds a Bachelors in Organizational Communications and has been for the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce in Investor relationships for a couple years now.
- Bachelors in Organizational Communications
- There is benefit in going with a broad degree like Business Administration and then finding the area - you want to more narrowly focus on - within your course work.
- Found her passion for events and event planning in her extracurricular activities at Florida College.
- The number of degree options does not correlate with the number of career choices.
- Internship with Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce. Gained experience organizing events catering to the Fort Worth business community.
- Check out your local chamber of commerce! It’s a great way to get involved with your community.
- Focuses on developing relationships with investors and educating them on the investment opportunities in the Fort Worth, TX area.
- Florida College provides a lot of opportunities to get involved with different organizations and leadership positions. So much can be learned from the opportunities outside of the class room!
- It can be a challenge to identify a job or career path which will be fulfilling. Finding mentors and further exploring your interests (no matter how small!) can help you get unstuck and determine a path to take.
- Look to get involved in your local Florida College alumni group or summer camp.
- Advise to younger self: “Appreciate where you’re at…Don’t rush it.”