Manage episode 334902778 series 1321443
In this episode of Two Guys to the Dark Tower Came, we explore the 1980 adaptation The Shining.
- Introduction (00:13)
- Recap (00:50)
- Adaptation (02:09)
- Mirrors (12:53)
- Crazy theories (19:19) ←!!
- Dark Tower Thinnies (28:26)
- Yuck-King it Up (29:26)
- Thank you, Patrons! (31:24)
- Fun Stuff (32:04)
- Critical reception and box office success (36:29)
- Other Worlds than These (42:58)
- Outro (45:39)
Starring: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Scatman Crothers, Danny Lloyd, Joe Turkel, Tony Burton
Support our show at Patreon.com/twoguysdarktower.
Buy merch at store.twoguystothedarktowercame.com.
Other Worlds Than These topics:
Critical reception links:
- Roger Ebert: 4 out of 4 stars with a unique look at whether any character is a reliable witness.
- Pauline Kael: “Each shot seems rigorously calculated, meticulous, and he keeps the scenes going for so long that any suspense dissipates…the actors appear to be merely Kubrick’s tools, and you get the feeling that they have been denied any free will.”
Join the conversation on social media!
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/2guysdarktower/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2guysdarktower/
- Twitter: @2guysdarktower
Intro and outro music is Western Cowboys Logo by Shorties.
Next Episode: Doctor Sleep, Prefatory Matters.