Manage episode 300568340 series 1402029
Can we ever skip user testing and simply rely on best practices? Our guest today is Karl Gilis, co-founder of AGConsult. You’ll learn what “best practices” mean, where to find them, when user testing is still necessary, and more.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
- AGConsult — Karl’s consultancy
- Episode 111: Effective Website Navigation with Els Aerts
- Episode 118: Customer Top Tasks with Gerry McGovern
- Don’t Make Me Think — a book by Steve Krug
- Nielsen Norman Group — usability experts who publish the most trusted guidelines in the industry
- Baymard Institute — another organization to go for trusted guidelines
- User Interface Engineering — Jared Spool’s consultancy
- Episode 148: SaaS Websites with Josh Garofalo
- Start With Why — a book by Simon Sinek
- Zalando — one ecommerce example
- Follow AGConsult founders, Karl & Els, on Twitter
- Follow Karl on LinkedIn
This episode is brought to you by Wireframe — a podcast all about creativity and design. They cover a broad range of topics for creative professionals: everything from logo design to UX to typography to product packaging. The show is hosted by Khoi Vinh, Principal Designer at Adobe and one of our previous guests. To listen, search for Wireframe in your podcast app, or follow this link. Our thanks to Wireframe for their support.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.