Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 02, 2022 00:17 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 186636163 series 61059
(Recorded September 10, 2017)
In this episode, Brian and Jack catch up with an unusual turn of events for Miles as he heads to Japan in Spider-Man #20!
- 0:00 – Intro: Slight confusion over the cover story.
- 2:56 – Spider-Man #20 – Taking a vacation; A familiar plot framework; The “Bendis-Verse” makes for more satisfying crossovers; Stunning artwork (that tiny Miles over Tokyo!); Clever scripting makes for an entertaining fight sequence; Cliffhanger hopes and preferring the unknown over the familiar.
- 21:19 – Jack raises the bar on our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #20.
- 22:25 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Review of Spider-Man #20 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Review of Spider-Man #20 at Black Nerd Problems
- Our discussion of Spider-Gwen #23
- Miles vs. Hammerhead scene revisited in Defenders #4
- New(ish) villain: Tomoe
- Infamous Iron Man
- Invincible Iron Man
- Superior Spider-Man
- Miles Davis
- Jefferson Davis
- Our interview with Jason Reynolds, author of Miles Morales: Spider-Man
- Amazing Spider-Talk Episode 5: The Bad Guys
Also check out:
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The post Episode 64: Morales. Miles Morales. (Spider-Man 20) appeared first on Amazing Spider-Talk.