Manage episode 283693476 series 2289085
According to Jesus, disciples make new disciples. But how to you go about that? In this message, Pastor Jamie Nunnally shares biblical insights about how you can make disciples.
Kingdom growth is designed to be by multiplication, not addition.
2 Timothy 2:2
Every Christian should be a disciple and should have a disciple.
1. You should be someone’s disciple.
1 Corinthians 11:1 “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”
2. You should have a disciple.
You often grow more by teaching the class then by taking the class.
Discipleship is NOT:
1. Having or being a clone.
2. Controlling or being controlled.Colossians 1:18
You leaders don’t hear from God for you; they hear from God with you.
3. Bible study.
2 Timothy 3:10
Discipleship is not only bible study but behavior study and application through conversation.
How do you make disciples?
1.Be the kind of person others want to follow. 1 Peter 5:3 “Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.”Growing people grow people.
2. Make time. Mark 3:14 “And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that He could send them out to preach.”
Discipleship cannot happen without relationship. If you're too busy to invest in others, you're too busy.
3. Identify good soil to sow into. 2 Timothy 2:2 “…teach these truths to other trustworthy [faithful/reliable] people who will be able to pass them on to others.”
4. T.E.A.C.H. disciples.
‘T’ell your story
‘E’ngage them in your ministry
‘A’ssociate with them outside of church
‘C’are for and serve them
‘H’ear from God and pray together
Are you a disciple who makes disciples?