Manage episode 298061346 series 2125863
We Dig into fly fishing for smallmouth bass with David Perry from the Southeastern fly fishing podcast. David shares a couple of secret patterns, where to get the special materials for them and how you can find more fish today.
David describes how he fishes a zoo cougar for sallies and how you want to throw it like a softball so it spats on the water for the reaction strike.
Show Notes - Fly Fishing for Smallmouth Bass
- David runs a High side Hyde Drift Boat
- The drift boat series in our series
- High Country Boats near David’s place builds a super clean boat.
- The Itinerant angler podcast with Zach is one of the longest running podcasts online.
- Podcast by SE Fly is David's facebook group.
- The Kelly was on the podcast in episode #52 and talked about the Zoo Cougar.
- Arrick's Fly Shop in west Yellowstone had the right chenille and materials for David's goto smallmouth bass flies.
- We talk about the zoo cougar and fishing this floating fly on a sinking fly.
- Charles Jardine was on the podcast in episode 221 and covered nymph fishing in the UK and in the western US.
- The Troutbitten episode with Domenick Swentosky.
- The Great Smokey Mountain episode
- The Music City Fly Girls
You can find David at SoutheasterFly.com
Fly Fishing for Smallmouth Bass Conclusion
David from the SE Fly Podcast breaks down how he catches smallmouth bass on streamers. We talk about the zoo cougar and other patterns that allow David to walk the dog with short wrist strips.